The Downshire Arms Hotel understands that customers care about the use and storage of their personal information and data and that you rely upon us to act in a careful and sensible manner in this regard.
Given that the internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data may involve the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore by browsing this website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing personal data in this way.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We only collect use and store your information were we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so. We will never sell or share this information with any other companies.
WHEN AND WHY IS PERSONAL INOFRMATION COLLECTED
MAKING A BEDROOM RESERVATION
There are several ways of making a bedroom booking with us:-
By calling the hotel on 02840662638 and speaking to one of our receptionists
By emailing us on email@example.com
Using our enquiry form on our website www.downshirearmshotel.com
Personal information including your name, address, contact number, email address, credit card number, expiration date is collected when making a reservation. This information is necessary to assist us with identifying you and contacting you regarding your reservation or any requests. Please note we will never ask you for your payment information by email.
We will use your personal information to send you confirmation of your booking and for any pre & post arrival communication.
- DURING YOUR STAY
Upon arrival we will use your personal information to confirm your booking and identify you. This is the information collected when making your reservation.
We will also record your itemised spending during your stay for the purposes of billing his information is recorded to comply with financial reporting requirements.
- MAKING A RESTAURANT BOOKING
There are several ways to make a restaurant booking with us
- Over the phone with our reception team
- By email to our reception team
- In person
Personal information such as your name, telephone number and email address will be required when making a booking.
- PURCHASING A GIFT VOUCHER
A gift voucher can be purchased in person or by phone. To complete your purchase your name will be required and were applicable card details. If you require the voucher to be delivered to you, you will be asked for your address or the recipients address.
- GENERAL ENQUIRIES
If a person contacts the hotel with a general enquiry, we may request your contact details to progress your query. We will only use those details to fulfil your request and these details will not be passed to third parties for any other purpose.
CCTV is installed in public areas, entrances and exits of our properties for the prevention and detection of crime. Footage is securely stored and is only accessible to authorised personnel. Footage may be shared with the police if required.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil our service to you, for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws.
EMPLOYEE ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
How long your personal information will be kept
– Data about booking requests: This information is stored for the standard 6 years following oyur last interaction with us.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
– access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
– require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
– require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
– receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
– object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
– object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
– object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
– otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
Data removal or requests
To contact us about your data or to request the removal of your data from our systems please visit – https://downshirearmshotel.com/data-request/
Data Breach Procedure
This website is equipped with a secure monitoring and security system that works to prevent and mitigate the risk of a serious data breach. In the the unlikely event of such a breach, our system will notify us immediately. We will notify any affected users within 7 days.